Thursday, August 20, 2009

Woozy with cider

"(...) As the sun glares through the hotel window I wonder of our future and where it will lead to, I wonder if you’ll be laying there 10 years 20 years 30 years down the line.
I’ll still be staring out at the street confused about love and life, It’ll be interesting to see if anyone every bought those songs of mine, if anyone heard those words that I never got quite right.
I think I can be honest in presuming the world is not exactly going to be leaping out its bed to make me rich using my songs in adverts selling oranges or lemons,
Who knows I may end up owning the whole street, or more likely sleeping under tree in the park opposite.
Would the runners keep me awake or would I keep them asleep I’d hope I have the sense to move back home, as lovely as today is, I’d imagine the winter would be rather cold...(...)"

- James Yorkston

No comments: