Friday, August 14, 2009

Bittersweet

In my hallucination
I saw my beloved's flower garden.

In my vertigo
In my dizziness
In my drunken haze
whirling and dancing
like a spinning wheel
I saw myself as the source of all existance.

I was there in the begining, and I was the spirit of love.

Now I am sober
There is only the hangover
and the memory of love
and only the sorrow

I yearn for happiness
I ask for help
I want mercy

And my love says
Look at me and hear me,
Because I am here just for that

I am your moon
and your moonlight too
I am your flower garden
and your water too

I have come all this way
Eager for you
Without shoes or shawl
I want you to laugh
to kill all your worries
to love you, to nourish you

Oh Sweet Bitterness!
I will sooth you and heal you.
I will bring you roses.
I too have been covered with thorns.

- Rumi

No comments: