Friday, July 3, 2009

Miau :))

Am descoperit un site cu citate 'pisicesti'.
Mai jos sunt cateva dintre ele; cele care mi-au placut mie cel mai mult :)


"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

"As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat." - Ellen Perry Berkeley

"I have noticed that what cats most appreciate in a human being is not the ability to produce food which they take for granted--but his or her entertainment value." - Geoffrey Household

"When I play with my cat, how do I know that she is not passing time with me rather than I with her?" - Montaigne

"A dog will flatter you but you have to flatter the cat." - George Mikes

"Cats always know whether people like or dislike them. They do not always care enough to do anything about it." - Winifred Carriere

"The mathematical probability of a common cat doing exactly as it pleases is the one scientific absolute in the world. - Lynn M. Osband

" Cats know how to obtain food without labor, shelter without confinement, and love without penalties." - W. L. George

"A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not." - Ernest Hemingway

"Of all animals, the cat alone attains to the comtemplative life. She regards the wheel of existence from without, like the Buddha." - Andrew Lang

"I put down my book, The Meaning of Zen, and see the cat smiling into her fur as she delicately combs it with her rough pink tongue. Cat, I would lend you this book to study but it appears you have already read it. She looks up and gives me her full gaze. Don't be ridiculous, she purrs, I wrote it. - from "Miao" by Dilys Laing

"The phrase "domestic cat" is an oxymoron." - George F. Will

"The cat is domestic only as far as suits its own ends..." - Saki (H. H. Munro)

"Her function is to sit and be admired." - Georgina Strickland Gates

"I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through." - Jules Verne

"You can not look at a sleeping cat and feel tense." - Jane Pauley

No comments: