Monday, December 5, 2011

Do you see the wonder?

I also thought Santa is just an invention.
Well, of course, some of us, the 'adults' I mean, like to be romantic and we pretend we still beleive in Santa, hoping the magic will happen, eventually.
Or otherwise, we will make it happen, right ? We are grown-ups.

But what happened last evening made me feel like i am a big fake.
I was in this book shop, not a large place, people looking for their books or presents. When i entered, right on the left side, i noticed the big bunch of books, 'christmas-tree' shaped. I said to myself: "oh, what a cool idea to have a 'christmas-tree' shaped bunch of books in a book store. And i moved on, into the store.
At some point, i heard a child voice: he was starting to sing some carols. And in my head i was thinking: "most probably the book store guys told him he will receive a present if he sings a carol".
But no.
When i looked over the shelves, to the voice direction, i was surprised: this lil fellow, 5 y.o., sitting on his knees, in front of a Santa doll, singing this carol to Santa, AS IF the doll was the REAL Santa!!!
And he was so absorbed by his song and the Santa's doll, that his father couldn't pull him out of the store.

So, tell me now: who is the great pretender here?
And I haven't even noticed Santa's doll at the entrance, next to the 'christmas-tree' bunch of books, when i entered the shop.

This makes me think: we only see what we want to see and we only believe what we allow ourselves to believe in...

No comments: